Sunday, January 14, 2018

On to the Next UFO - Star Light Quilt

This simple but sweet pattern is called Star Light from APQ Magazine from 2012.     I actually saw this quilt when my friend Jeannie-Kaye displayed it at our guild quilt show a few years ago.  I just loved the simplicity of it and you just have to love the red stars.   This quilt was started at our cottage several years ago.  While at the cottage, I only sewed on rainy days.  The last couple of summers at the cottage were beautiful so it's no surprise that this little project wasn't finished.    Well, it's about time that it gets done.  So it's here in Florida with me.  After spending some time finishing up a few blocks today, all the blocks and sashes are laid out on the spare bed.   Using my flip and stack method, it will be easy to sew it all together.  Then I will add the final border later in the week.   So, that will make two UFO's done.    
When packing up projects to take with me last month, I didn't realize that my little UFO strategy would work so well.  After this Star Light project, I only have two more to go.   Maybe I should have brought more!!   
   



4 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

its just adorable.

Andrea R said...

Oh I love this one!

Lee said...

If you quilted them yourself, you wouldn't run out of UFOs quite as quickly...just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

I loved that quilt! I also made it in navy with bright yellow stars, which was quite effective. Happy sewing, Gail! Jeanne Kaye