Sunday, November 27, 2016

Cowl Update

We had a fabulous vacation.   The whole trip was like a dream.    Seems so far away and so long ago now.  We've been home for exactly a week now and the effects of the jet lag have disappeared.  I feel like I'm back in routine and I'm itching to sew something,  


But first, I thought I'd show you how much I got done on my cowl.  We had some sea days, and to my surprise, there was a stitching and knitting get together in the afternoon on sea days.     What a nice chance to meet other like minded people.   There was about 20 people who met for tea and of course brought their projects along.  I enjoyed the social aspect, and while I brought my bag of knitting, I did more talking than knitting.    I did get one ball knit, and the other ball, I've knit since coming home.   The pattern says to make it 48" inches, and I didn't quite have enough, so I'm now into the third ball.




I really like the pattern It's easy to do from memory you have the first 20 or so rows done. I just love the texture and the diagonal design.   I love working with the Kroy sock yarn.  so smooth and easy to knit.   The timing couldn't be better because the near zero degree days are here and I need to keep my neck warm.    I'll model it for you in a few days...It's almost done.


.    

1 comment:

Linda H said...

It's very pretty Gail, love it!