Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Big Ball of Pretty Twine

My sister was here for a visit last weekend.  We didn't have much time together, so were on the move and did many things.   We were looking for nice cotton thread to make a kumihimo bracelet.   We were in Homesense and in the small craft department, I spotted this big ball of twine.   The pretty twine paired with cream colored Toho beads from Michaels would be perfect for our afternoon project.   We worked from directions given to me by my friend Betty T.  They were perfect.  It took about an hour.  The little gold thread running through the twine was just the right touch.
We commented how our hands reminds us of
our mother's hands.  A nice memory since our
mother was always knitting or crocheting
something crafty.
 Each of our bracelets only took about 5 yards.  So now I have 305 yards of twine left to use.   Any ideas?

5 comments:

Lee said...

Donate it to The Ville for their community garden. Maybe they could use it to help control climbing plants.

Dolores said...

More bracelets? Piping?
The bracelets turned out quite nicely and I'm glad the directions were clear. I find that I have to have someone show me how something is done.

Stitch gal said...

Would teaching a class on this craft be an option maybe? You could make up kits with all this yarn.

Unknown said...

More bracelets to sell? Adorable! Can you share the pattern?

MissesStitches said...

That's like me and my baker's twine. I needed some (not much) for Christmas ornament hangers and ended up with a huge spool of it! The spool is about 6 inches tall and holds I-don't-know-how-many yards of string!