Sunday, February 7, 2016

G is for Gail

Are you looking for a quick but cute fleece project.  

I saw this post on the Joann Fabrics blog on how to make a fleece blanket, accented with a plaid letter.   I thought the gray and red colors were really nice.  I bought 2 yards of grey fleece and a quarter yard of flannel plaid.   

Then the fun began.   I used Microsoft word to make a large G and a smaller "ail".   The name of the font is Freshman.    Then mirror printed it so that I could trace it on to the wonder under. I pressed my wonder under letters to the flannel, cut out the letters and placed them on the fleece.  Then gave a quick press to secure the wonder under.  I used a simple narrow zigzag to stitch the letters to the fleece.  It's done.  When I get hom
I may do a blanket stitch finish on the edges.  Or I may leave it as is...




3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

adorable. there are so many possibilities to make these for little gifts..

Kathy said...

And...Donna, now Gail knows where to sit! 🤔😄

Lee said...

Kathy, you mean now Mert knows where to sit!