Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Squirreling away Quilt Kits

This time of year, it's fun to watch the squirrels gathering for the winter.  When I watch them, I can kinda relate... I'm in the mood for preparing for winter too.    Preparing for winter sewing that is...
Late Bloomers Quilt kit:
This Late Bloomers quilt is on the cover of the April 2012 American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.    I had put this quilt on my to do list some time ago.  I like it because it has a little applique, and it is mostly pieced.  There are several star blocks but the overall design is one massive star.

The guild set a challenge this year, and it is to make a star quilt.   So when I found that out at the meeting last week, I knew exactly what I would do.  The Star challenge is a great reason to move this quilt to the top of my to-do list.    Over the past week, I've been pouring through my stash, and I've cut a complete kit.   I've even traced and fused the applique the flower parts and cut them out.   It's now all packed away in a nice kit, and it'll come south with me this winter.  

That makes two kits that are now squirreled away.   What are you doing to prepare for Winter?



3 comments:

paulette said...

WOW! Good for you! You are so organized!! LOVE this quilt!

Andrea R said...

Aha! I make quilt kits for myself too. this winter I'll be trying to finish a lot of in progress ones before starting new ones.

And picking out a star project.

Yahoo customer care number said...

Nice quilt,,Thanks for sharing..