Sunday, June 28, 2015

Packing for Cooler Weather

You must think I've fallen off my rocker.   But it's true.    Today, we are packing to go to Iceland.   We leave in a couple of days.   We have been talking about visiting Iceland for a couple of years.   To celebrate our milestone birthdays this this month, we're taking a summer trip.    We are quite excited to go.     Our tour tells us to be sure to dress in layers.  Long sleeve shirts, sweaters, wind jackets, rain gear, and of course your bathing suit to swim in the Blue Lagoon.    I've been looking at pictures and reading about Iceland for a few weeks.   I think we're ready.    These are just a couple of the spectacular sights we will see on our tour.

Thingvellir.  This site is in Iceland, where the spreading plates of the mid-Atlantic ridge come ashore.
This site is in Iceland, where the spreading
plates of the mid-Atlantic ridge come ashore.
Gullfoss waterfall, Iceland. WOW. This looks amazing!!! I want to see it for myself! Checkout www.tripcapsule.net for more travel tips and stories. ;)
We will be seeing many spectacular waterfalls
including Gullfoss.



Geysir is the spot in Iceland with the most active hot-springs and geysers. The name of the place actually gave us the word ‘Geyser’. In Icelandic, ‘Geysir’ means ‘to gush’… and indeed that is what they do. This attraction is one of the highlights on the Golden Circle Tour.
We'll be visiting the Geyser.  Iceland's most
active hot springs

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

Enjoy your travels. keeps notes, I think I would like to go there too...