Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Isla's Secret Garden

 My friend Brenda R. gave me some left over "marble-like" duck-weight fabric which was left over from making a bulletin board.      I had just came across this link for a pattern to make a straight sided cosmetic sized bag.    So it's a great opportunity to try the pattern.   Using some scraps from other finished projects, I made some flowers, and free-motion stitched them on the bag fronts.   Then assembled the bags.  Easy peasy.    

As an after thought, I decided to add a line of grass on the back of the bags because they are so plain.    And as another after thought, on one, I added the name of a little grand-daughter of Brenda R.'s visitor   It fits into the back grassy part quite nice.    Her name is Isla.   Sounds like I-La.
The bag on the right is for Isla.  If I were to give this
little bag a name, it would be Isla's Secret Garden.
I've hidden Isla's name on the back of the bag in the grass.  

Grassy bits on the back of the bags....

Do you see Isla's name!  


1 comment:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love the simplicity of the bag