Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I bought a Carrot!

For my Block of the Month project, I've had my  three May blocks cut out for a week or so.   

But I find I'm having a hard time to get at sewing them up.   Other projects, like the casserole carrier earlier this week, seem to be more interesting.  

So I made a pact with myself.  I'll do my three blocks this week, and when I'm done, I get to start working on my new small project.   I bought the pattern already.  I've rummaged through my fabric and will make a practice one.   It'll be my carrot, so to speak.    

So, with the dangling of a carrot in front of me, I'm looking forward to getting my 3 blocks done for the month of May.   Today, I'm working on the K block.  That Kansas star block has 40  pieces and it's only 8" big.    Well the hard work is done on that block, so it'll be a quick finish, tomorrow that is.  Maybe, I'll get the "L" block done too.

I can't wait to start my new project.   It's small, and functional, but a little complicated.  I'm sure it'll take me a week to finish.    I'll show you once I get going on it.... I know when you see it, you'll want to make one too.


1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

now I am dying for you to finish your 3 blocks so I can see your carrot!