Monday, March 17, 2014

A new (er old) Block of the Month

I've packed up my A to Z Block of the month and will do the April block when I get home.   

A Vintage Christmas
a Bunny Hill Designs BOM
But lucky for me, I have another BOM project to start working on.  This is an older pattern.. I bought a compete kit for this sweet Christmas project.  If I do a block a month I should be able to have this done before Christmas.  

Block 1 almost done.
Here is my first block  It's a sweet Victorian house.  I'm using a dark cranberry red thread to applique the edges.  I like how it defines the outlines.  You can see some of the holly above the house is not stitched yet, and is barely visible.   But adding the outline applique will make it very easy to see.
Is it too early to start working on Christmas projects?





2 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Never too early to start on Christmas presents -- I am planning to start one of mine this week!

MissesStitches said...

Not too early at all. I should be so wise!