Thursday, October 17, 2013

A UFO finish - A Runner

I have not been in my sewing room for three or four weeks now.   I was totally into painting the kitchen.   The kitchen is now almost done, and I'm my mind is slowly drifting back to thinking about sewing projects.  I wanted to sew something today.  But not something big.  This runner was the first UFO that I came across that seemed doable....  Not having the brain power to figure out a free motion design, I thought I would do simple straight line machine quilting.     And you know, I kinda like it.    
And I got a chance to use my new clover clips that I bought last month.   This is the first time I'm actually using them for binding.   They work great except for the corners.   A good old fashion straight pin is still good for those delicate small places that need to be held in place right up to the last stitch.
Ahh, that felt good...I am happy to get back into my sewing room.  And I'm happy to finish this long overdue UFO.   The runner is done and it doesn't quite go with my tablecloth here, but it will be nice with a plain colored cloth.   Or maybe it would look nicer on one of my kids tables.
We are leaving on vacation later next week, so this coming week will be filled with decisions on what to pack for European weather and last minute errands related to travel.  

1 comment:

Grit said...

Your finish looks so fantastic.
Wonderful work.
Greetings Grit from Germany