Monday, September 23, 2013

Planning St. Dunstan's Raffle Quilt - 2014

I met with the quilters at St. Dunstan's last week to choose a quilt for their annual CWL Quilt Raffle.   They chose a simple '30's style nine-patch from an older Marsha McCloskey book this time.  I've never made a nine patch quilt that was all mediums.  I've only made the traditional light and dark patches.  So this should be a nice traditional and old fashion looking quilt.  

Many of these quilters are in their 80's and 90's, and I think the straight line quilting had a special appeal to them this time.   I'm gearing up to do this starting in mid-November.   I like it and it should be a quick finish.   


2 comments:

Kathy said...

At the KV quilt show I commented several times how much I love 9 patches! You just cannot go wrong. Great choice. It will be interesting to have all mediums, Gail. Wonder what colour you are using to put them together, maybe you Sid, I will have to reread... Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I Love the pattern and quilting,