Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Veterans Quit - 30 blocks done

I'm a little behind in making my Veterans Quilt blocks.  The last couple of weeks have been busy.  But the good news is I just finished these ten over the weekend.  So that almost brings me to the half way mark.

It's not what I would call a UFO, but it's starting to feel like one.  I will be glad when it's done. I really like Anita Grossman's Arrowhead block but now that I have 30 under my belt, I'm wondering if I should have made it a two block quilt.  I'm bored with the blue arrowhead blocks's.    I do have all the blocks cut out, so I'm not changing my strategy mid stream... but the thought did enter my mind, to make two veterans with these blocks... They would have alternating arrowhead and plain blocks.... oh, well.  Time will tell..

The next few weeks look pretty clear  I'll have no problem having all 63+ blocks done by the end of August.  I'll decide how I'm going to put it together in September..

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You could easily do that Gail...that is make 2 quilts rather than the one with alternating plain blocks, maybe even on point. It would be more fun to quilt too.
Miss you,
K