Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Presenting LeMoyne Star for St. Anthony's

I'm so pleased to present the finished LeMoyne Star for St. Anthony's Church.   This is the quilt that was nine months on the frame.  It was hand-quilted by a new hand-quilting group.  They were so pleased and excited to see it come of the frame recently.   

I spent the last five evenings hand sewing the binding down.  I haven't hand bound a quilt in a number of years.   Since this quilt was lovingly hand stitched, I thought the hand picked binding was fitting.   

Once I got started, I quite enjoyed the hand-stitching.  I like the look of the evenly picked stitches.  I enjoyed having the quilt wrapped around my shoulder on the cool evenings.   

In the fall, St. Anthony's will raise funds that will support some of the programs at the church, with this quilt.  

The quilt pattern is LeMoyne Star quilt from a Marsha McCloskey, Quick Classic Quilts.

8 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Stunning!

Karen said...

A beautiful quilt! I love the corner treatment.
So...how do you usually attach your bindings, Gail? Do tell. I always stitch mine by hand as I love doing it.

Calicojoan said...

It's absolutely beautiful. Hand quilted too. That's almost a gone by talent. Congrats on your finished treasure.

Linda H said...

Very nice Gail. I always hand-stitch my bindings, don't you?? I love doing the stitching, 'cause the whole time you are working on it, you're saying to yourself...it's done, it's done!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and all your quilting ladies. It looks wonderful. I will have to plan to buy a ticket and win it of course. Linda G

Sandra said...

It is beautiful Gail. You will have to let us know when the tickets go on sale.
I must say I was a little suprised to read that you don't hand stitch your bindings.... I love doing the binding... quiet time with a quilt draped over me, doing mindless work. A great sense of accomplishment, and I love looking back and seeing how much I have done in that sitting. :)

Pepe said...

Wow! So cute!

Janet said...

Thank you so much for posting your LeMoyne Star. I have been working on my stars without a pattern and found your image and have ordered the book so that I may complete the quilt.