Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's my Birthday!

I love my birthday.  It was a fun day and it was nice to have visits from the kiddos.   Caitlin stayed last night and we put in some quality Grammie time.  We knitted on her practice piece.  And we sewed a bit.  We looked at old photos of her and her brother and sister when they were babies. 

But most importantly she was in charge of making cupcakes for my birthday.   She did the whole thing herself.  Because it was my birthday, she chose the style of cupcakes and sent Grampie out to get the groceries that she needed.  She did all the cooking and did the dishes too.  


So far so good.  Chocolate cupcake batter.

The cupcakes are baking, so who can resist licking the bowl.

Caitlin is a whiz at icing the cupcakes.

 
And Voila!   Toy Story Alien Cupcakes.

Later in the afternoon, the rest of the family guests came for a BBQ supper and we all enjoyed these great cupcakes for dessert.   We saved some for Jessica and Emily when we see them at the cottage tomorrow!  

I had a great day on my birthday!

6 comments:

bargello said...

Hey Friday Gal,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!! I see you have had and will continue to have a great day. Glad that someone else is happy to have birthdays!
Fellow Friday Gal (FFG)

Donna's chitchat said...

Happy Birthday my sis... what a great day...

paulette said...

Happy Birthday...and how special is this!! I have NEVER had alien cupcakes EVER for any of my birthday parties!! Lucky you!! Enjoy!
Paulette

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Gail. I love the special alien cupcakes. Lucy

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Gail! I love the picture of Caitlin licking the bowl. Her cupcakes are wonderful. You are so lucky to have such talented grandchildren - or maybe it isn't luck,it's genetic.
Best wishes for the year ahead.

MissesStitches said...

Happy Birthday, Gail!!! Your cupcakes are beautiful!