Friday, May 20, 2011

Curtains and more Curtains

We opened our cottage yesterday. With all the damp dark weather, it's not something we were looking forward to. 

But with yesterday's sun and warm air, the opening was a breeze.  No pipes broke.  The water started up without problems.  So once we realized that there were no big problems to fix, the cleaning, hanging curtains and making beds was a breeze.

My daughter bought fabric today and I'll be making her some new living room curtains next week.  So since I was at Fabricville with her to pick out the fabric, I took the opportunity to scour the discount bin, and got this beautiful Asian inspired fabric, with matching lining to make 2 small lined bedroom curtains for the cottage.  

I'll make those later this afternoon and evening, and it'll help pass the time as I wait for my sister and hubby to arrive for the long weekend.   I'm quite excited to see them.

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

I love your "discount bin" fabric. It's beautiful. Good for you!