Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What is a Slip Slip Knit?

Did you watch the junior hockey game last night on TV.  I did. - Go Canada..... While I was watching it, I decided to rip out my knitting that I started on the weekend.  I realized I was reading the pattern wrong.

I started over.  I knit for two periods of the hockey game..  Got stuck on Row 8 again.  The pattern is so weird, lots of turns, lots of picking up stitches both perl wise and knit wise.  It's two small gloves, I should be able to get through them...I love a challenge, I hate a challenge..

When I got to row 8, I could see that I was on the right path.  The basketweave pattern is starting to form.  Can you see it?    My next row calls for a SSK which stands for Slip Slip Knit... I didn't have a clue what that was.  The pattern didn't explain.     I set my knitting down and decided to take a break and enjoy the last period of the hockey.   Looked up SSK on the Internet today...  I found a good explanation of SSK on about.com..   What a great resource.    So I'll continue knitting this evening. 

3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

oh fun. Slip Slip Knit... frig, didn't know that one.

I am knitting a dishcloth. Whatcha think of me know!!!

Donna M said...

Ravelry is a knitting/crochet site with everything you would ever want to know about knitting. You have to sign up, free, but it is AMAZING!

My daughter sent me your site. She goes to your daughter's hair salon.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that a great hockey game! Can't wait for tonight's game. I don't think I would have the concentration you would need to follow a pattern during a hockey game. Can't wait to see the finished gloves. I love the color of the yarn. Lucy