Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Gauntlet Fingerless Mitt

Did you notice that I didn't use the plural of the word Mitt in the title.  Its because I've sort of made it through one mitt. 

Isn't it nice!  I love the basketweave detail on the cuff.  It's so different than just regular ribbing.

But I have to tell you that I do intend to rip it out and start over for the third time.   I knew I had a mistake in it as soon as I finished the cuff and was starting on the main part of the mitt.  Look below for the obvious mistake I made..  

But I thought I would follow through and continue to knit to see if there were going to be any further problems that I might encounter and could learn from doing a mistake...

I did consider leaving the mistake in there, and even tried on the mitt to see if my watch face could be seen through the hole.  Nope... doesn't work....  

I'll be unravelling and restarting to knit this evening.  I'm hoping to have a pair - yes two - knit and finished by Monday morning. 


2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

bahhhaaaa.... Terry's mom will feel so much better now, because she tried, and failed and gave up on the basketweave! hee hee

Pretty color though.

Karen said...

I have a pair of these planned for myself, but I will stick to what I know and do a ribbed cuff! At present, my knitting needles seem to be on holiday. I have knit a basketweave pattern and have sometimes ended up with holes much like yours...
How are you going to get these knit by Monday if you are spending your days at Linda's quilting?! :)