Saturday, May 29, 2010

Maugerville Quilt Show, 2010

I went to the Maugerville quilt show yesterday and it was a great little show. We saw some current quilts and some great old favorites. I was so focused on remembering my thread and other things to give to the Friday girls, I totally forgot to bring my camera, so thanks for the use of your camera Lee.

This is the quilt that kept me awake last night. It is a Mystery quilt that Don Coles did for the Cotton Mill Quilters Guild, which I am now a member of. It has a large star medallion for the center. It is surrounded by mock log cabin blocks, and then stars, and a great border.

And do you all remember this Teddy Bear pattern from a magazine years ago. I still have the pattern, and I still intend to make this quilt. Who for, I don't know.

I really enjoyed seeing this hexagon I spy. I have the Marti Michel Quilt Sense Hexagon kit and this fall, I'll be making one for Aurora.

Notice how they put minky on the back. I don't think there was any batting. The minky was just enough. Also, I think putting a sleeve on it is a great idea.

I love a scrap quilt and I've seen this pattern, called Kitty Corner, at a few shows. It's speaking to me. In fact I've started cutting 2.5" strips from scraps and setting them aside. I think this is the next scrap quilt.

.
But just over from the Kitty Corner Quilt, was this scrap quilt. Oh, I love the secondary pattern it creates. I can't quite make out the name of the quilt by enlarging the photo, but I know the lady who made it, and next time I see her, I'll ask her the name of the pattern, just in case that this becomes my next scrap quilt.
.
Take a look at all the different fabrics. It is was made from a fabric traded at a swap. Great idea for that true scrappy look.

There have been lots of One Block Wonder quilts at shows lately. They are all fun to look at. I think I must be moving into my black phase. I am unusually drawn to quilts with black in them.

This one was wonderful and I loved seeing the original rooster fabric on the back side.



Well, I hope you enjoyed some of my pics from the Maugerville Show.

Great Job Maugerville.

No comments: