Friday, December 11, 2009

Eye Spy with My Little Eye

Do you remember that little game? All my grandkids are really good at playing it. Even now, they're good at it. Too good sometimes...

I've been collecting I SPY fabrics for about a year now to make Aurora a quilt. This past week, I took some time to decide on a block size and cut out some 50 blocks. Since she is talking up a storm now and loves to repeat words, she is ready for an I Spy quilt. I'm hoping to have it in time for Christmas.

As you might imagine, the I SPY blocks are from various fabrics and are every color under the rainbow. Since I only have 50 I spy blocks, I'll be setting alternate plain fabric blocks which are shown here and then the quilt will have a good size border that is made out of a fun kid print.

I can't make up my mind which border print I should use. I have 2 selected.

The first one is a fun flowers and bugs fabric. The second option is more of a mod fabric, but still really cute.


Do you have an opinion as to what I should use for a 2 year old?

5 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I love your eye spy quilts. So fun. I love both prints for the border. the colors are almost the same. My opinion... too hard to choose. Sorry

Anonymous said...

Gail - I think both would be equally as nice, but my favorite is the last fabric. It just seems to really bring out the colors in the other fabrics, especially the gorgeous black. Keep us "posted" on progress. LB

Linda H said...

Either one will work well. Personally I like the first one, but the second one with hearts and I love you's is nice for Aurora as well. I'd wait till you get the top together then lay each one beside it and you'll know which one is best...

Sharon said...

Eye spy! So much fun! Both fabrics look great. You are one busy lady!!

Anonymous said...

I love both of them too. I am no help at all... Sorry
Jill