Thursday, July 23, 2009

What now?

So, the wedding is over and all week, I've been thinking of what sewing projects I'll work on next. I suppose always can resort to my unfinished list of projects. I do have a couple of new small projects that I want to do, but I think I should finish at least one or two things that I've started. So for now I'll show you bits of a house project that I'm working on with the Friday girls. It's a small project where we are all trading houses made out of batiks and then we're making a table runner in September after we do our trade. This is a fun little project that can be done in 15 - 20 minute chunks. For me once I get my colors picked, Another 20 minutes of fabric cutting, and another 20 minutes of sewing, and I'm ready to trade houses.

For some of my houses like this one for example, I'm not sure that I have enough contrast so I'm going through my bits of bali/batiks to find better contrasting windows and doors.

This house is an example of almost too much contract, but it's staying. Once the houses are cut in half and sewn into the project, it'll be fine.

After we trade our full house blocks, we'll cut them in half and sew them together, like this. It's a really cute small project but I will only get to show you my finished project in late Sept.

I'm really excited to have lots of leftovers bali/batiks from this project, because I'm going to make a Bali/Batik Maritime Beauty table mat. I've already finished the one I did with Karen Neary workshop one in true scrappy style, which I love and use at the cottage. Now it's time to make a really nice one for my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, I remember a shop that was in Wolfville years ago called, Bali Sekali...the clothes in there were all made out of similar fabrics. I just loved them - they were perfect for summer!

Jill

Donna's chitchat said...

I can't wait to see the houses done.. a table runner is a perfect idea. I think I would like to make something like that..