Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Silk Ribbon

The mailman brought me my silk-ribbon order from Hand-Dyed Fibres. Now I'm just waiting for my Silk Ribbon Bible to come in from Chapters. Then I'll be all set to do more work on my 2 socks.

In my silk ribbon order, I selected to purchase a bonus pack of 25 5-yd pieces of silk floss. It was Pot Luck as to the colors that I would get, but for $8.00, it's worth the risk. So in it, I did get some nice colors, but over half the colors were variations of brown. Brown is not a color I use very much in crazy quilting, so I'm on the lookout for the perfect project to use up some of these browns. If you have any ideas, please let me know?

1 comment:

Linda H said...

Brown would not be a color I'd use much of either, but you might use it if you were to do a tree, for the trunk...or maybe a teddy bear on something for one of your grandchildren...?