Saturday, March 21, 2009

Silk Ribbon - comes in threes

Do you ever go through phases?

I've been through a hand knitting phase. That wasn't fast enough for me, so I went through a 5 or 7 year machine knitting phase. Then I slowly moved into a sewing/quilting phase. That's been ongoing for the past 20 years. I've been back to hand-knitting for 6 or 7 years now, mainly knitting for my darling grandchildren. I don't think I'll ever get back into machine knitting, but I still have 3 beds of needles in case I get the urge.

The other day I was pondering buying a silk ribbon book in support of my Crazy Quilting. I didn't get any opinions on my blog. I expect it's because it's a little known book and it's not in any bookstores. I've made my decision to buy the book, as soon as I get home. I have had an order for silk ribbon from Hand-Dyed Fibres ready to place for a few days - I'll push the button next week and my order of silk ribbons should be arriving by mail at the same time as my book. And today I read on Sharon B's site, that she is working on a silk ribbon e-course. I'll probably take that since I'll have a book and lots of ribbon. Now I'll be looking for things to put silk ribbon embroideries on. So that's it. Three things Silk Ribbon. I think it's a sign that I'm just entering my silk ribbon phase. What's next?

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

My Japanese friend Ruriko Yokoi's mom made me a little zippered bag, with bright colors and some Silk Ribbon embroidery on it. I use it in my purse to carry those little things you need every now and then. She made the whole thing by hand and it doesn't have much ribbon art on it, but what there is beautiful, mostly because she made it for me.

Anonymous said...

Boy, Gail, you didn't wait very long for comments on the book...which says to me you just wanted some people to agree with you that you should get the book! If it helps, I think any good reference book is worth adding to your collection, so go wild! It's nice to find hand work, which is so portable, that your love to do. It's great that you are enjoying this - not my thing, but nice for you.